Sunday, May 20, 2018

Choose Your Words Wisely

Rained all night. My old friend, Insomnia, has been hanging out all month. If she isn't keeping me up, my aching joints and four legged companions take over. If sleep were a cake, my slices have been very thin lately. Tends to make me a little cranky.

We have all been working 12 - 14 hour days, taking advantage of every bit of day light. The pool is finally done! The third round of paint was a charm. Well, I sort of took over and chose my crew wisely and we knocked it out. Too many cooks in the kitchen can be disastrous. HeWho is not a good supervisor. He lets everyone do their own thing, then complains about it later. I have no such qualms about telling people what to do.

The bath house is finally open after all the re-plumbing and the solar panels have been installed. No more fretting over the lights being on all night. When it is not your money escaping into thin air, you don't seem to care.

The only thing that looked remotely neglected was the grass. The rain of the past few days preventing the mowers from grooming the grounds. The pond, in particular, was pristine. One of my favorite tenants has been paying lots of attention to the pond and the grounds around it.

So, there I sat, held prisoner to the office/store, calmly painting the signs for the pool, listening to a David Baldacci novel on audio. Some pre-teen boys camping in a tent came in with a proposition. Remember, lack of sleep has eliminated my "nice" filters. "You know, your park is really trashy." I did not reply, so I suppose I still have some filters left. I just looked at the kid and raised my eyebrows. He went on to tell me that the pond was "full of trash", that there were flip flops and shoes, along with candy wrappers and "all kinds of trash" around it. "How much would you pay us to clean it up?"

Have I mentioned that I do not particularly like that age group? Not to say that I dislike all almost teens and teens, I actually do like some. But as a whole I find that age group to be obnoxious, having a feeling of entitlement and I just don't like them. That would include these two standing in my space with their ridiculous request. I said, "Tell you what, why don't you go out and find the man in the truck with the AAA logo on the side of it and tell him what you just told me. Perhaps he will be able to answer your question. He handles the hiring of outside help." I lied about that last sentence, but they didn't know that. I just knew how HeWho mows, tows and drives endlessly around the park would react to the "trashy" statement.

After I checked in my last reservation of the day, I locked up and picked a bowl of strawberries and meandered down to the pond to deliver them to the camper who keeps that area so nice. The boys were there, fishing, and as luck would have it, so was HeWho fishes, too. I asked if the boys had offered their services ....... HeWho is mostly nice, was not nice at all. I saw nothing in the way of trash around my pond. Nothing.

2 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Teenagers and pre-teens are so bloody annoying as a whole, they are often cheeky foul mouth brats

Val said...

Those kids with mouths writing checks their butts can't cash! We teachers hypothesized about who would be the first person to hand them their butt when they graduated, and were no longer a protected class. It was pretty evenly split between retribution from a future co-worker, or somebody bigger in a bar.