Sunday, January 14, 2018

Passing Time

Cold and miserable, lacking ambition. I have seen every Hallmark  and Lifetime movie ever made. HGTV has new shows, but I am tiring of those. My new passion is pet vet shows.

Dr. Chris hails from down under and has loved animals his entire life. I like that one okay. Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet is interesting and more graphic with lots of spay and neutering. This vet offers low cost vet care and is really big on community service and the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy having pets, no matter their economic situation. I like this show a lot. Maybe I should move to Colorado just to be able to visit his clinic!

My newest favorite is The Incredible Dr. Pol. This show is not for those who get weak kneed at the sight of blood and gore. I love this stuff! I have learned so much watching this show. He cares for large and small animals and makes house calls to farms. Cow birthing is hard work! Almost violent.


Dr. Pol is on Nat Geo. I was flipping along hunting down more episodes when I discovered a show I had never seen before. Dr. Pimple Popper! I am not kidding! I must be part cat, because curiosity got the best of me and I had to watch an episode. This is a dermatologist who does surgery under local anesthesia. She slices away lumps and bumps. On the episode I watched she removed some scalp fatty tumors, then let the patient don gloves and squeeze the dead skin and crap out of the tumors she removed. The patient seemed to find this very satisfying, although she did comment on the foul odor .....

Just so you all know that I am not just sitting around wasting time while cuddled up with my canines keeping warm. Martha, the boy cat's wound is healing quite nicely. Cats are better at keeping their wounds clean than dogs are ... Dr. Pol said so. 

4 comments:

ellen abbott said...

we were on a wavelength today! it's a damn shame we live so far apart.

Joanne Noragon said...

I was sidetracked down one of those news report sidelines about blackhead poppers. I don't think terminal boredom could lure me to a real visual, though I'm sure my granddaughter would be glued.

Val said...

I see that pimple popper show on my DISH schedule, but I cannot bring myself to watch it! I've noticed the vet shows, too, but haven't gotten around to watching one. No aversion to them.

Linda O'Connell said...

Kathy, the weather will break sometime this week. Stay away from pimple popper shows. Actually, I used to love the show Life in the ER. I like medical shows.