Sunday, January 28, 2018

Just Exchanging Pigs

Wondering about the title? Well, let me start at the beginning ......

I was sipping my hot coffee and watching the news on TV, minding my own business. Cujo growled the growl he growls when someone is parking. He can see the parking lot on the monitor. I looked to see that 3 cars were gathered in front.

I growled. It was too early to deal with the public. I threw some jeans on and reluctantly hit the lights to illuminate the office/store. I pasted a smile on my face and unlocked the door. I watched the people in two of the cards get out of the vehicles and start talking to each other. You might recall that I tinted the windows, I can see out and watch to my heart's content, but you can't see me.

I watched until the man in the third car approached the door. I scurried to the other side of the counter and tried to look professional. Well, as professional as on can look with their hair standing on end (bed head). The man was not with the other two vehicles and was inquiring about a month's stay. Legitimate business that I was happy to accommodate. While I was taking care of business, the door opened and a man popped his head in to request the use of my bathroom facilities. I immediately asked him what he was doing here.

"Oh, we just here changing out our pig we bought." At first I thought I must have heard him wrong. I looked at the legitimate customer and asked him if he heard what was said. Pig, he said pig. I looked out the window and saw that a woman was indeed cradling a pig in her arms.

Had I not been busy scheduling a month's stay for the nice man who just happened to arrive during the pig exchange, I would have gone out to question (interrogate) why my park was chosen for this exchange. I am close to the interstate and easy to find for campers, but not that convenient for people just looking to meet up .... to exchange pigs.

And, I only saw one pig.

7 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Sounds like Agatha Christie material to me.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

This cracked me up

Anonymous said...

Custody issues? You know, like the exchange of children between parents? Only this time, it's a pig who both parties want.

Val said...

This could be an advertising tool. "Now with facilities for pig exchanges!"

Linda O'Connell said...

Why don't you write a book about the porker in the park? There are some strange shenanigans that go on there.

Kathy G said...

If you ever come up with blog greatest hits this one would be on it.

ellen abbott said...

there must not have been a convenience store parking lot handy.