Saturday, October 24, 2015

Playground Update


We still have a lot of work to do, but the slide is now ready to play on!


He Who builds did a good job on the stairs to toddler heaven!


But ...... they needed a little color. Two shades of purple and yellow. I had some purple I wanted to use up and then had to get some lavender to finish those steps.


Looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. Can't wait to get some pea gravel in and  ..... a see-saw!!

I was told by young camper Jason that I had neglected to put the color pink in the mix. I will definitely get right on that!

In the meantime, I am painting and lettering signs. They fade pretty quickly in the sun and have to be up-dated every few years. Good thing I like to paint. The weather is dreary. We need the rain, so I can't complain. Well, I can, but to what end?

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I have a pea gravel story for you. Years ago we went to watch my granddaughter play softball. Her three year old brother wandered off to the playground, where we could see him squatting in the pea gravel, playing with it. After a bit he came back to the bleachers and sat, very subdued, except for strange movements he made with his head. Eventually adults looked, and each ear canal was packed with pea gravel. He spent the night in the hospital, until the doctor with the vacuum came the next morning.

Linda O'Connell said...

That playground is every little kids' dream. Not to put a damper on your hard work, but to avoid a lawsuit I'd install a hand rail. I think pink will add a beautiful touch.

Kathy G said...

You are making one colorful playground! All of the kids will love it. I was going to mention a hand rail, but it looks like Linda beat me to it.

Val said...

Looks great! Just waiting to be played on.