Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Law of Nature

Spring has officially arrived!! I killed a fly in the kitchen today! The first sign of Spring!

In other news ...... my faithful laptop died. I tried everything in my extremely small arsenal of tricks to revive it. I unplugged and rebooted, only to be subjected to a blue screen and the words "media search: failed" over and over again. I took the battery out, no, I didn't, but He Who was attempting to console me did and the result was the same. I am so lonely without my constant companion. I was listening to an audiobook I had downloaded when it happened. Now I will never know the end!!!!!

He Who would claim to know me very well, got a desk top out to use. I hate it. I have been trying to comment on Blogger all day and it continues to indicate that I do not know what I am doing. The chair I am forced to sit in exacerbates my neuropathy and I am just not happy with this situation. I love the mobility of the laptop. He Who is really quite annoying suggested I use my I-phone to blog. That is not a solution, as I tend to be long on words and short on patience.

I am still here, reading, but not commenting. Another sign of Spring today was the customer in the swim suit asking if there was some kind of law that "keeps y'all from opening the pool up before Memorial Day". While it is true that flies are flying and Daffodils are poking up through the cold ground, it is just not warm enough to fill that pool with cold well water. I told her it was the law of nature. She said "oh" and left.

5 comments:

Val said...

Sorry to hear about your laptop. If that gal was here, I would direct her to one of the rivers that are currently out of their banks.

joanne said...

dang that law of nature, sounds a lot like murphy's law.

Kathy G said...

Sorry to hear about your laptop. I wonder if a wireless keyboard for the desktop model would help.

I can't imagine wanting to swim at this time of year, but I guess it takes all types.

Joanne Noragon said...

Is that your heated pool, or your ice skating rink. I would have been tempted to say "the fool" under my breath to her departing back.

Anonymous said...

Tell your overly anxious pool customer she should move to California if she wants to swim in March. It's been in the 80s here.