Monday, March 2, 2015

Please Continue To Hold .......


Finally got word from my clinic about my new insurance. Not good news. They have been in negotiation with the insurance company since October and still have not come to resolution.

I had no choice but to call the primary care provider they assigned to me, only to find out that this particular physician is no longer in this office and that I would need to call the insurance company to choose another physician. Choose? Does this mean I actually have a choice? Well, only within the network.

I called and talked to a disembodied voice that asked for my birthdate three times. I enunciate quite well, I have been told. This must only apply to voices that have a body attached to them. She said, "Let me get someone who can help you." and then another disembodied voice assured me of my importance, then went on to announce that due to the high volume of calls today, my wait may be longer than usual and my call would be answered in the order it was received.

I put the phone on speaker and went about my business. I took the dogs out, then mopped the floor in the store before putting an ice cream freezer in place. Folded laundry and piddled around in my sewing room looking for all the scraps from my blue jean quilt. The pockets from all those jeans I cut up for that quilt. Did not locate them, but I will!

This took up the better part of an hour or so. I sat down to catch up with the Land of Blog and was engrossed in Hillmomba when a real voice cut through Beethoven's Fifth. I was so shocked, I nearly dropped the phone!! More than that, it was a person speaking American English!

She fulfilled my request and I called the office of my "chosen" physician back and made an appointment for Thursday! Now all I need is for this doctor to refer me to the gastroenterologist and I will finally be able to get started with all the testing. I wanted to be done with that by now, but, such is life.


Now I can drag out the ladder to find those pockets! I am making a head board for my bed. Ponder that for a bit. I made a king size quilt out of thrift store jeans. I like it so much that I decided to make a padded headboard to match. I saved everything in case I ever needed it ....... I used the inseams to make a rug. I used scraps to make another rug out of rug canvas and 3" strips that I painstakingly tied to the canvas. But the pockets are somewhere in my sewing room. The fly fronts and zippers, to.

You never know when these things might be just the thing you are looking for. I want pockets on at least one of the 19 X 19" padded boards I will attach to the wall. To put the remote in! He Who is married to me is so lucky! I am clever AND thrifty!

2 comments:

Val said...

Good things happen in Hillmomba. But not much floor-mopping, laundry-folding, or headboard-sewing. Trust me, I've been there so often I feel like I live there. ;)

Linda O'Connell said...

You might want to patent that idea. Be sure to take a picture for us. Glad you finally got a doctor's appointment.