Sunday, March 1, 2015

Door Update

If you read yesterday's post, you know which door I am referring to.

I made it quite clear that I did not want a new door. That would make the fact that I had purchased a used door at a salvage store be all for not. I suggested that the door might un-warp if he put the correct hinges on. I have no idea if that is even possible and I confess that my mind was buzzing with ideas on how to re-purpose a warped door. Just in case. One has to be prepared, you know.

So he hung the warped door and it would not shut. He took it down and went outside to split some firewood or sit in his car and watch movies on his smart phone. No, the volume on the phone would never be loud enough for that. When he came back in, I told him that I would be happy to prepare our supper ....... as soon as he cleaned up the mess he left on my counter.

This condition must have been a shock, since I usually follow along behind his projects and put away all of his tools and spare bits and screws and nails and bits of drywall. You get the picture.

He sort of cleaned up. Really just relocated it. But, he hung the door and it fit! I was impressed. You will recall that this is the door to the "furnace room". Now, we all know that I would not be content with a space that had only one purpose. This room also houses the various brooms and dusting supplies, along with the vacuum.

This morning when I got up and was going about my business, I meandered over to the newly hung door to retrieve said vacuum and made an alarming discovery. The door won't open far enough to get the vacuum out.

Let's see, it took nine years for him to re-hang this door ....... I am afraid his solution might be a new vacuum.

3 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

OMG I am laughing out loud.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Ah good . . . so he is not unhinged . . . lol
Glad the door now has three hinges and has been pulled straight. The heat from the furnace room would warp it without the three hinges to hold it flat.

So good luck with the next task . . . lol
Great to see you again Kathy.
I am having a look round blogsville looking up my first bloggy pals when I started . . . :)

A lot have stopped blogging now . . :)

Val said...

Be careful what you wish for, I guess!