Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Determination

Meet Zara, my three year old granddaughter. She is one determined girl. She likes my cinnamon buns, it seems. Just look at that happy face!


After breakfast, Papa got the riding toys out and she was off. I cringed at those bare little feet on that gravel. Didn't seem to bother her ..... or any of the kids. I remember preferring my bare feet when I was a lot younger, too. She was headed down the drive with her daddy right beside her. Now she needs to turn around.



She likes to do things for herself, so we just watched as she did it her way.





She is very determined.



I wasn't close enough to hear her.




Seems she finally has it in the position she wants .....





Sweet success!












9 comments:

ellen abbott said...

good for Zara. learn how to do things for yourself, be independent.

Anonymous said...

She is cute as can be and knows what she wants!

Brian Miller said...

ha. she is a cute one...and so fun just to watch them at play...smiles.

houndstooth said...

One of the things I love about teaching PreK is seeing the threes figure out that they are powerful and can do things for themselves. Things that we consider drudgery make them feel so important. They can't wait to fold the laundry and wash the tables, and I'm happy to let them do it! I just love seeing them bloom! She looks like a young lady who knows her mind and won't take guff from anybody. She is also an absolute doll!

joanne said...

baby feet...nothin' better than baby/toddler feet. She is quite determined isn't she! That's a great quality for a girl her age...

SkippyMom said...

What a gorgeous "big" girl! Daddy is going to have his hands full with all the young men in the future I can imagine. :D

And boy howdy - she is getting it done isn't she! So cute.

Thanks for sharing kathy - definitely a big smile today.

squawmama said...

She is so darn cute!!! At that age they are very independant and determined!
HUGS
Donna

Teresa said...

she is so adorable! how cute - i remember isaiah at that age and he wanted to do it, too - 'me do' was a constant comment.

Whitney Lee said...

I love this! I can't tell you how often I hear "No! I do it by myself!" It's like the mantra of the 3's. I don't get the whole bare feet thing-they seem impervious though.