Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Great Weekend

What a wonderful weekend! No major mishaps or complaints! I was able to close a little early on Sunday and go to Site 36 where John and Sue had a few campers over for a bite to eat. Just a few........

Looked like a small crowd to me. Love of my life had to work, so Deb and I went down to have a bite and some good fellowship. All the regulars were there along with some new faces. The weather was cooperative and the food was good and plentiful.

This was just a part of the food laid out....... see the deviled eggs? Always graceful, I dropped my sunglasses in them. After I licked most of the goody off I tossed them to my optician and she cleaned them......she just happens to be one of our seasonal campers. This is, after all, a full service campground!

We ate and got to spend a little time with all the folks gathered at site 36 before duty called. A child fell from the monkey bars and had to be taken to the hospital, so I had to leave the party. We were all thankful to hear that she was okay. She had a good sized goose egg on her head and there was blood involved. Head wounds bleed a lot and there was some excitement, but all was well in the end.

Deb and I topped off the evening with a bottle........... of sparkling grape juice. It was really good!



Clearly, the love of my life cannot handle a camera or my instructions........... He was told to make ME look good, not Deb! I told him to get MY good side and to make me look skinny. This is just not fair!




8 comments:

ellen abbott said...

I'm so glad you had an easy weekend to top off the summer.

Unknown said...

I am so happy you had a great day (minus the little mishap) to cap off a great season.

The Good Cook said...

mm.. deviled eggs... yum.

So, how many people will leave the campground now that summer is over? How many live there?

Will your life be a little slower now that summer has come to an end?

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Thanks, you guys. The official "season" is over, but I will be pretty busy all through October. There is a little city close by with breweries and wineries that has a month long Octoberfest. The pool is closed, though and that takes a lot off my plate. I will still have my Pipeline families for as long as they need to stay. That is hard to predict as weather, etc, plays a factor in how fast they can work. Most everyone one here is like a neighbor now, though and things run pretty smoothly.... that sense of community I was wishing for.....

Hit 40 said...

You still allow the children to play on playground equipment!! You brave campground owner. Lucky no one has sued you yet.

lovelyprism said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Glad you had fun.

Meggie said...

Never trust a man to take a good photograph!
Looks like it was all good fun, apart from the child & the hospital visit. All's well that ends well, though.

Anonymous said...

you know we can get pretty crazy on that sparkling grape juice and you should have seen us playing with the webcams..."Girls Gone Wild @ Kando"...