Thursday, June 13, 2013

Just a Walk in the Park


I keep finding flowers I forgot I planted. Every time I go to WalMart, I visit the plants. I find myself pinching dead leaves and withered vines. Can't seem to help myself. I admire all the blooms and always end up in the back corner where the rejects are. I call it the rescue corner. Where all the strays go. And this is not a no-kill facility. So, I rescue some. I try to stick to perennials. I plant them after I dead head them and tell myself what they are and will myself to remember ......... and promptly forget. It has gotten to the point that I am afraid to weed, lest I yank out something I planted.

 
This garden is five years old and has filled in.
 
My tiny asparagus plot is not doing as well as I'd like, but is still turning out tasty spears.


My favorite kind of flower pot. I was going to just say "pot", but was afraid that sounded illegal. These are pinks. I only know that because one of my friends told me. Like always, I forgot the name as soon as I planted it. I have since put some other flowers in the top .... the name escapes me. Go figure. But, they are lovely.


He Who loves me bought a surprise! Does this man know me or what? This bad boy can haul 300 feet of hose from hydrant to hydrant. Never again will you see me fill a 5 gallon bucket with water and heave it onto the golf cart, then slosh my way to a garden plot on the far reaches of the park!


Lovely lilies. Given to me from camper buddies, Butch and April. They add a lot of color to my yard. I may have to bake them a little treat next time they camp.

My weekend has started early and looks like it will be a busy one.

5 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

My pinks are almost done. I love them the most. Until the lavender blooms.

Whitney Lee said...

Gorgeous! I am always envious of yards with beautiful blooms. If it's not a tree I tend to kill it.

Val said...

It is painfully obvious that you don't have goats.

Linda O'Connell said...

Your grounds are so welcoming and pretty. I have the hardest time growing anything except myself.

Anonymous said...

You have lovely fortune with your plants. Me? Not so much.