Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Big Deal


The water has receded. All is well in the kampground. My floors needed a good rinse anyway. I am happy to report that I don't have carpet. The only rugs I have can be tossed in the washer. Our furniture sits up off the floor on legs we made out of 4X4's, us being old and stiff getting up and down.

It was inconvenient, but not devastating. One of my kampers was truly unhappy, having vomited on herself ........... These things happen. They always seem to happen on weekends, though. On the bright side, it was raining. I suppose you could manage to wash your face and hands in the rain.

Makes me realize how dependent we are on the things we simply take for granted. I usually keep a gallon of tap water in reserve, but I didn't refill my jug last time I used it. I have now. I really felt bad about the water and we did not get it restored until about 1:00 am.

We joined AAA. Big deal, I thought. But really, it is a big deal. Did you know that AAA offers a discount card on prescription drugs? I even offer a 10% discount here at the kampground. Not on drugs, but on your stay. I went out into the cruel world today with my unsightly wad of cash (ones) to procure a three month supply of the necessary drugs.

I stopped at the pharmacy window and presented the AAA card with the all the necessary info and ordered my refills. Two of the refills were the most expensive ones we get. I was prepared to hand over nearly $500. So, imagine my smile when I paid less than $200. Imagine the look I got when I started counting out those ones .......

They should be used to me and my ones by now. I saved over $300 with that AAA card today!


7 comments:

Kathy G said...

We got our AAA renewal notice in the mail yesterday. When I put the new card in my wallet, I noticed it said I'd been a member since 1977!

Brian Miller said...

booyah....it paid for itself there there...yikes on the flooding...glad it was not worse...

joanne said...

That AAA, I'm going to have to check it out, I'm all about being frugal so I can spend more where I really want to...my grands!

Linda O'Connell said...

Perks for us geezers. Oh you said AAA, not AARP. Wow, that is a good deal.

Pat said...

Wow! Money saved could be used for an early start on Christmas shopping!

Teresa said...

wow! didn't know you could get a discount with AAA. I might have to join Ron just to see if it works on insulin.

Mike said...

I went through a major flood here from Hurricane Floyd years ago. It was horrendous!!