Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Trespassers


Following my garden theme of yesterday, I have to admit that I sort of stole some of Martha's seed last year and am cultivating my own Mexican Daisy patch. I confess.


Last evening as dusk fell, these characters were observed trespassing. I had the sprinklers on the not so grassy area I have been trying to cultivate. I think they may have been thirsty.


They looked at me a couple of times as I took pictures. No flash, I didn't want to scare them.


They did not appear to feel threatened by me or my camera.


Then they kicked up their heels and dashed off into the woods.


I wonder if they stayed overnight ......... they owe me $20 if they did!

I had a visit from the DNR today. That is Department of Natural Resources, not Do Not Resuscitate. Do not resuscitate is looking good at this point. Fines and permits are never good news.

My skin rash seems to grow in proportion to just how many things I can worry about. Seems that people I once considered to be my friends, never really were. It would seem that, not only do they not wish me well, but would be happy to destroy me. They might even succeed.

8 comments:

ellen abbott said...

The DNR paid you a visit because your so called 'friends' made a complaint? Man, that's cold. And no idea why they turned on you?

Brian Miller said...

ugh...hope the dnr findings are nil....smiles on the deer...we have them sleep in the yard every night...

SkippyMom said...

Now, stop that. They WILL NOT destroy you. You are too honest, hard working and kind to let small minded, hard hearted mean people destroy you.

People that act like that do so because they are unhappy in their own life and hate to see others happy and succeed. They know how much your friendships mean to you and they have chosen to start with taking that away and piling on slowly with other stuff.

I know I am probably speaking out of turn as I don't know everything that is going on - but dangit Kathy - you are so much better than that. Please don't let it occupy your head because then it WILL hurt you more.

And I think you may be right. That rash may be the result of how much you are worrying [about everything] - I have seen it before. It may not be anything as drastic as an autoimmune disease, but your body could darn well be telling you something.

I wish I was there to kick someone's butt. I am just that angry on your behalf.

Hugs to you sweetheart. Know I am thinking of you. If you need anything you know how to find me.

mamahasspoken said...

That doesn't sound good......

Joanne Noragon said...

I subscribe completely to What goes around comes around. Keep being your good self; they have their own reward when it finds them.

Linda O'Connell said...

Unblievabke! Kathy, I hope all goes well.

Pat said...

I hope the DNR had nothing to beef about.

I love those Mexican daisies!

Teresa said...

:(

I don't know what to say to make you feel better. I hope your "friends" get exactly what they deserve.