Thursday, August 9, 2012

Misery Loves To Complain

A cool wind blew my way. Lightning split the sky, and water fell to the ground!!! It rained! We slept with window open last night. I could smell the clean smell of rain meeting dry dirt. I thought I would sleep through the night.

I didn't. I continue to itch. When the itching subsides, after the application of Benadryl, my mind decides to entertain me with thoughts of doom and gloom. The night becomes a vicious cycle. I awake to itching, slather on the Benadryl gel, then lay there willing my mind to shut down.

I dragged my unwilling self from the bed this morning to take the canines I love out for a potty break. I was careful to look at my surrounding through half-open eyes to hang on to a thread of sleep, hoping to crawl back into the bed. We did and I dozed for a bit before getting up to start the day. This has been going on for weeks. Making me somewhat less than pleasant to be around.

The current outbreak of this insidious ailment is on my eyelids and neck. My torso has calmed down from the outbreak last week. He who loves me asked if I was absolutely certain I had not come into contact with any poison vines .......... I am quite certain that I did not come into direct or even indirect contact, as the outbreak was under my foundation garments. He does try to help, but that question was just annoying. Like I ran naked through some poison ivy and maybe rolled around in it.

I am sleep deprived, tired, irritable and just plain cranky. Not at all nice to be around. He who obtained hearing aids can now hear me mutter to myself about my lot in life. 

Green To Clean finally sent the replacement chemicals for the miracle it says it will perform on our green pool. We bought more chlorine and shock and have been diligently back washing and vacuuming the pool bottom, but it is still green. I am not optimistic.

So, you may be asking yourself why I am sharing my misery with you. I have no idea. Misery loves company?

12 comments:

Brian Miller said...

oh my...i am sorry you are suffering so...ugh...i hope you get some rest soon...

ellen abbott said...

I know nothing about pools but I was wondering if perhaps the paint you used this spring might have something to do with it. Hope the itchy ailment clears up for good. It's probably stress related.

knancy said...

In my life time, I have had bouts of eczema and psoriasis. Both brought on by stress! I do have very persnickety skin, though, too. I keep a triple antibiotic ointment around that also has pain relieving medication mixed in with it. It is not ever further away from me than arm's length. Perhaps, a suggestion you may try? I buy a generic at my local drug store. Not expensive.

Val said...

I welcome your company, even it you're miserable. We have some greenish growth on the bottom of our pool. It only appeared in the last two weeks. Don't know if it's the weather or something else. We don't use chlorine, but something called Baquacil and its accompanying chemicals.

I smell a conspiracy.

joanne said...

if misery loves company than you are in good with me...I won't even start on my misery but wish you an unitchy uneventful restful nights sleep.

mamahasspoken said...

I'm guessing you won't be using those pool supplies next year ;o)
Sorry to hear about the poison ivy. I know how you feel. I just walk near it and it attaches to me.

Joanne Noragon said...

I feel bad for you. I hope something gets better. The weather, the pool, the skin. I'll even settle for one at a time if the skin comes first. I'm thinking of you.

RVVagabond said...

I once got a bad case of poison ivy in the winter time and we figured it had to come from carrying in firewood that at one time must have had poison ivy growing around it. Plus I have gotten it from petting our cat who had wandered in it (I am allergic enough that I stay well away from any areas that might have 3 leaved plants around.

Hope you feel better; I think venting in the virtual world is kinda mandatory, isn't it? ;)

Karen said...

Have been unable to read blogs for the last several months, and yours was the first I went to now that time allows - and it's bad news! I'm so sorry that you're all broke out. My mother has similar problems - Zyrtec helps her more than benedryl, lots of Vanicream if you can get it (keeps skin moist), if your scalp is affected, put crisco shortening on your head and wrap with a towel (sounds goofy but it works). Might just be goofy enough to work on other areas too. I hope your next post has better news!

lotta joy said...

What about cortison cream?? I had shingles once. Thought I was gonna die or kill someone. I took an antidepressant once that I was allergic to and itched horribly UNDER MY FINGERNAILS! Now that's an itch you can't scratch!

Do you have air conditioning? I ask because you mentioned sleeping with the window open and the rain, etc. Keep yourself as cool as possible!

Pools are like boats. You're happy with your first one, then even happier when you can get rid of it.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your itchy condition. I too have had similar bouts this summer which I believe are caused by some bugs. We have more this year than ever before because we did not have killing frosts and it has been as hot as...well, very hot. I will awake, all itchy, and hot, and have to sit up for an hour or so for everything to calm back down. Hoping you are feeling better by the time this comment hits your box as I see I am a few days late coming by here.

Marla said...

You poor girl. That is misery. Stay cool.