Monday, July 19, 2010

Laugh Of The Day ......


I was chastised this past weekend for not posting more often ........... I am trying, but the weeds are taking over with this hot humid weather and I have been in a garden all day!! When I close my eyes at night I see weeds and hear the door chime that signals a customer has come in. You would think I could sleep like a log, but my muscles ache from all that bending and pulling. I swear I have a charley-horse in my butt muscle!



Got a call from my competitor across the interstate awhile ago. She was calling to give me a laugh. I needed one since I had just stepped on this wicked tool with tines and stuck it in my foot and as I tripped forward the handle came up and slapped me in the back. I am sure it looked like a slap-stick comedy routine and I admit that the first thing I did was check to see if anyone saw me. Try, though I might, I could not blame this on he who leaves tools scattered about. I was using it and I left it laying on the ground, tines up. I was tired and eager to finish mulching the bed I spent the whole morning weeding and I was careless. Let this be a lesson to us all ...... I continued to work with my foot bleeding in my shoe and I finished the job. Well, I ran out of mulch, so that was the end of my work for the day.



So, now, as I sit here with my injured foot propped up, I will regale you with a stupid camper story. Seems that he who is loathe to answer the phone took a call from a camper who wanted a drive-thru site with 500 amp service. She no doubt meant a pull-thru with 50 amp service. Any how, I don't know if this was the camper who could not find us and ended up at the other park where he tried to turn around and made a muddy mess of his rig and told that camp owner that he was going to bill ME for it, since it was my fault for not having any signs up. I do have signs, I pay a pretty penny to have those signs and I even have a new sign up at the end of our road with a nice green frog pointing my way with our name and an arrow on it. I would love it if I got a bill for this ......... I would frame it and hang it in the store.
You can see my efforts of this day in the picture. I filled the wheelbarrow THREE times with weeds and grass. It was the bed that really needed the most attention. I started at 8 this morning and finally ran out of mulch at 4:30, thank heavens. It still needs more mulch, but that will be for another day. You can see that the apple tree is so full that I had to prop her up. She is sooooo pregnant with fruit!


13 comments:

Brian Miller said...

yum you would find me at the apple tree...sorry about the foot hope it feels better...if i find a video on you tube i will let you know, smiles...there is a sick side to my sense of humor that hopes you get the bill just to hang it...lol.

Kathy G said...

It's wonderful that you and your competitor have such a good relationship. Stupid camper stories are the best!

(I can't believe someone took you to task for your posting habits. SHAME ON THEM!)

houndstooth said...

Ouch! Take care of that foot!

As for the camper, it's just too bad for him that you can't cure stupid!

Sunny said...

You and I would make a great team...I did the same thing with a rake in the garden, except I stood on it frontways so it hit me between the eyes!
Your camper stories crack me up.
Take care of your foot.
☼ Sunny

ellen abbott said...

My flower beds need so much attention but it has been so hot and humid , not to mention all the rain we have been getting the past three for four weeks and, oh yeah, the g'kid visits, that I have not set foot outside. I will definitely have work cut out for me this fall.

Teresa said...

idiots abound! love the picture though. sorry about your foot. it hurts thinking about it, but i did get a good visual out of it. lol...

laughing with you - not at you.

ok - maybe i'm laughing at you just a little bit.

ok - maybe i really needed that laugh! but, i am sorry your foot hurts.

SkippyMom said...

I bet you the guy owned a swimming pool at one time :D heehee. What a dupe.

Once again you outdid yourself with your mad gardening skillz! So pretty. Although watch out for those attack-rakes. I understand they can be pretty darn vicious. HA! Glad you are going to be okay.

The Good Cook said...

Ouch! I am concerned about your foot. You weeded from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm? You are my garden hero. I usually poop out after an hour or two.

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me how busy you seem... and how many silly people you come across. I envy your energy for stupid people ;0)

mamahasspoken said...

You made me tired just thinking about what all you did in one day! Come the fall I think you'll be posting what you've made with all those apples:od

Mimi said...

You live on a campsite? How cool is that!
Sorry about your foot, hope it's better soon.
I came over from E.D., loved your comment there!

Whitney Lee said...

Wow. I'm pretty sure I'd have called it a day when my foot started bleeding! I hope it's doing okay.

My yard looks like the weeds have taken over. I go out occasionally with the toddler helping but I can never get ahead. Lately I have been so busy I haven't had time for any weed pulling...However, if this potty training thing pans out, the weeds are welcome to enjoy my yard!

Pat said...

Sounds like you did a "Three Stooges" maneuver! Sorry about the foot!

You work way too hard!