Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Stressed

 Still no news from the bank about the time of the closing. Yesterday we got the message that the appraisal had been recieved and that today they would set the time of the closing.

I continued with my efforts in packing and stacking, as well as loading the RV. My closet is empty now, everything is in the RV that will might need to dress ourselves. Only thing left is drawers that are going on the moving truck. The bathroom is bare except for the essentials that will easily move to the RV. The kitchen only has the food in the pantry and 4 plates, utensils and pots and pan. One pan. Laundry room is looking equally empty.

This place is not big, but it is starting to echo!! HeWho loves to run errands went to the post office to change our address. But, exactly when shall we change it. Still no time for the closing. For all we know it could be next week. 

Yesterday we had the last call from the moving company to see if we had forgotten to include anything. I didn't, but the man I have been nagging for several months now to get it together and let me know what he planned to take in tools and equipment. Every day that was warm, I would remind him of this chore and suggest that he do it before weather would be an issue. Now that the weather is very unfriendly, he will go out to "the barn" to get his "stuff together". Never stays long because it is too cold. 

After talking to the moving company, I was told that he changed the date to the 21st, since the closing is supposed to be the 20th. It was like a sudden reprieve, giving me another 24 hours to organize. We can then leave on the 22nd. I was happy with that. I must admit here that I am a bit fanatical about controlling major events. I was blissfully going through my pantry, tossing stuff and combining stuff when the phone rang.

The movers were already heading our way and will be here between 1:00 and 3:00 pm TOMORROW. I am torn now between total panic and wanting to go hide in my bed. This means my bed will be on a truck tomorrow night and I will be sleeping on a short queen bed in my RV tomorrow night with 4 dogs and a cat, with a turtle in the kitchen sink. And I still don't know when this closing is scheduled for! This is so very stressful!!

6 comments:

Write from the Heart said...

Oh your post had ME holding nmy breath. I know you will be glad to pull out and bid farewell. Hope sooner than later. It's a matter of time, now. Hope you continue blogging.

ellen abbott said...

Deep breaths! Soon you will be in your new house and the park will be nothing but a memory.

RunNRose said...

This made me think of saying a string of four letter words. I'm not clear on who told you that you had an extra day. To think you could breathe easy, then find out that wasn't true made it doubly bad. I sure hope SOMETHING happens to smooth out the day tomorrow. I wonder if that guy could still cancel the closing. i wouldnt put anything past him. In impossible situations like this, it does help me to realize that what is a mountain today won't be a blip on the radar when I look back. Wishing you luck.

Jim Davis said...

Correcting the entry of the wrong county should be a simple fix.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Sounds stressful

Joanne Noragon said...

How did you keep it together to the last paragraph!