Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Teetering Close to the Edge!

 If I thought yesterday was bad .... this day is shaping up to rival it. Barely caffeinated this morning, just two sips in and the phone started up like it was in a race. Very first call was about a power outage on a site. I could have suggested a few remedies, but I woke HeWho fancies himself to be more knowing about such intricate doings. Actually, he is, but I was begrudging his peaceful sleep that had already exceeded mine by a few hours. The Excedrin had done it's job for my headache and just as I had known it would, it also denied me the ability to fall asleep.

I gulped the remainder of the first cup and refilled it. I NEED it. Several calls later finds me here pecking away at my story. During my foray gathering merchandise yesterday, I might have mentioned the phone, ever at my ear. 

Apparently one call was from a traveler looking for a one night stay for tonight. I told him reservations would not be necessary, to just show up and I would take care of him. I don't remember if he shared his identity with me, as another call was coming through and I promptly forgot the call. The ones requiring more attention were put on my call back list. This morning he must have had second thoughts and decided to have his wife call to let me know they were on the road .... using her first name to identify herself she relayed the information. I must have sounded vague because she then went on to give a replay of my conversation with her husband. I still don't remember the circumstance surrounding their need for a site, just knew I could accommodate them.

Good thing I can multi-task, even with a headache. The same headache is lurking in the shadows of my mind as my day moves forward. There is, indeed, an electrical mystery on the site from this morning. HeWho was dispatched discovered this and decided to move a very small 30 amp camper to another site. He was ready to head to the bank with a deposit when I heard him talking to someone in the store. We do not open until noon and it was not noon.

This is the explanation. "Yeah, I moved 3 to 30, I need to work on 3." I stared at the clueless man I chose to marry (my own fault?). "Why did you choose 30?" I ask. "Because it works" he said. Of all the empty sites in the park, that I am relatively sure have working electricity, he chose 30. 30 is my go-to site for big rigs. It is a easy in, easy out and can accommodate up to 75'. I would NEVER put a 24' camper there. Same site he would assign to EVERY reservation he took, sometimes doubling and tripling up on it and leaving me to fix it. This is why he is forbidden to assign sites. FORBIDDEN.

I had assumed he did it on purpose to eliminate himself from having to deal with reservations and check-ins. Now I know it is because he can't handle the THINKING involved in pairing the needs of a particular camper with a site. After all he had a deposit to make and that must have been weighing heavy on his mind. I know, I know, I have a mean sarcastic streak that pops up when I am particularly frustrated. But why do I have to always be the problem solver?

In case you might be wondering about dementia ... I already had him checked for that. He is just, for lack of a better word, lazy. Or ... he could be trying to send me over the edge. It is working, if that is the case! Teetering ever closer to he edge of sanity here!

6 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

No wonder you have headaches. I say start eating dark chocolate and stay hydrated, Gatorade will knock it.

Joanne Noragon said...

You sound like Ann. Her Pat is her HeWho. I do believe that kennel will be on the market sooner than later.

Val said...

I am going to propose that HeWho might have been planning to pick up a forbidden snack for himself when he went to make the deposit. Maybe even a DIET COKE! That thought took over his brain, preventing any logical thinking.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

What to say hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't know...................

Still nothing so I am leaving..........

River said...

I'm voting for lazy. He's able to remember plenty of other things, so this should not be a problem for him, ergo: lazy. Or he simply doesn't care, thinking this is your job and if he is wrong you can just fix it. Maybe you need to re-label 30 as "Long Rigs Only" in giant glow-in-the-dark letters.

ellen abbott said...

I think my husband probably has him beat on lazy. his attitude is he only has so many steps to take and the longer it takes him to take those steps the longer he will live. that is if I don't kill him first.