Friday, December 14, 2018

Hot Water

So, the new tankless water heater is up and running. However, the door/wall is still tilted listlessly by my washing machine. It was late yesterday when the men finished with the installation. I was excited, since I had a very chilly shower yesterday morning.

I was looking forward to my shower this morning. I gulped down my coffee and chatted a bit with my furry friends. Mainly, I was encouraging them to stop their habit of howling when they heard the shower running every morning. I reminded them that I have fly swatters everywhere and am not afraid to use them. I had plans to stand under steaming hot water for a considerable amount of time. I was disappointed.

Yes, the water was hot enough for normal people, I suppose. I am not normal. I like really hot water. Despite that slight disappointment, I am happy that I am no longer mopping random puddles of water from the old water heater.

I had too many things to do today to dwell on the temperature of the water. Santa will be here Sunday to have breakfast with all the children in the park. There are cookies to bake and gifts to wrap. Lights to hang and floors to sweep.

No, I did not finish it all. There is still tomorrow. If I have learned nothing except this one thing in 65 years, then my life has not been wasted. It will all work out. I will get it all done and it will be wonderful. 

I will take pictures in between flipping pancakes and share them with you …… and all the while I will be thinking about my door/wall and all that extra floor space left by that giant water heater. I am itching to tackle the reorganization of my utility/laundry room!

4 comments:

Val said...

Can you adjust the temperature settings on those things? I don't know, because we have the old-fashioned kind.

Joanne Noragon said...

You have a good holiday with oodles of kids and animals, if we don't see you before.

River said...

You should be able to adjust the temperature on the water heater. Ours has a triangular knob, very small, that can be turned via a "key" which is like a tyre spanner, a piece of metal with a triangular hole that fits over the appropriate bit on the pipe leading to the heater. Your installer should have shown it to you and told which way to turn it for hotter or cooler water. You could phone and find out. Most heaters are factory set at a temperature guaranteed not to boil very young or very elderly people. It's a safety measure so the companies can't be sued.

Linda O'Connell said...

I too, must gave hot-hot water. Hubby is a wimp. Glad something is going right for you. You are so right that everything will fall into place. I have come to realize that. My kids have that to learn.