Sunday, December 16, 2018

Breakfast With Santa

We did it! The weather cooperated and everything went off without a hitch. HeWho helped …… as long as I gave detailed assignments. He vacuumed the store and meeting room for me. He does love the sound of loud motors, you know. After emptying trash cans, though, he looked a little lost. Almost panicky. I sent him to the store for more syrup. He loves to go on missions.

There is no heat in the store. I turned on the electric heater in the meeting room and asked HeWho loves to go for things to bring the heaters in from the restrooms. Someone stole the heater in the men's room!! The only glitch of the day. 


Santa arrived via golf cart. That is how it happens in a campground. The reindeer are resting up for the big night.


The kids were all excited no matter how he arrived!



Kiddos were intrigued by the bag of gifts, but I made them eat first.


Pancakes. I manned the griddle. These look good. I might have made some sad looking ones and splashed a little batter on myself.


Sausage, too. I cooked all 58 of the links and patties. Nobody will leave hungry!


Santa ignored all the adults and talked to the kids while they ate. After they cleaned their plates, the gift unwrapping took place. I missed it, but I could hear the screams of delight.


It has been a long time since I have bought gifts for so many little people. My grands prefer a check or a wad of cash. This happens when they start to get older.


I confess that I agonized over the gifts. I know all the kids and can guess sizes with ease, but kids want toys, not clothes. I made two shopping trips and am happy to report that I did not see one disappointed face. They ranged in age from 2 to 11. Younger is easier, you can always get an age range on the box. 


Boys are easy, they all love trucks and tractors at the tender age of 2! Cameron's mom seems to be happy, as well!!


"Let's go home, so I can play!"


I love this face! I concentrated on busy games. Hopefully this will help make the days remaining until Christmas pass by faster. 

As they all went home, things got pretty quiet and then were just adults left. HeWho was missing. I thought he must be building a fire in our sitting room. Someone suggested that he was washing dishes. That brought a lot of laughs. I was a little annoyed that he was being anti-social.

After everyone left I picked up the carton of orange juice and the cooled down griddle to take to the kitchen. HEWHO WASHED THE DISHES!!!! I am still in shock. It must be the Christmas miracle.

6 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

1. I proclaim you the finest pancake maker in MO. Those are just lovely.
2. HeWho is a Christmas miracle! This year.

Linda O'Connell said...

Well Santa must be very proud of you. You little elf, hosting such a wonderful party. Looks like fun for everyone.

ellen abbott said...

what a good heart to have a party for the kids with Santa and gifts.

dkzody said...

Such a wonderful event. You are indeed Santa's best elf. And HeWho gets a nod from Santa, too, for all of his efforts.

Val said...

The only picture that can beat those pancakes are the pictures of the kids' excitement!

River said...

What a perfect day! I remember when hubby was in the Army and played Santa a few years, once Santa arrived by helicopter and plenty of times ha arrived in an armoured tank. The kids loved it!
I'm glad you did so well choosing toys with no disappointed faces. I'm hopeless and usually buy books instead until they get older and prefer money.