Tuesday, August 15, 2017

School Is In Session

Yesterday was almost perfect! A nice breeze and overcast all day long. The sky was bruised with dark clouds that threatened to rain, but the rain never came. No swimmers to deal with and I managed to complete my entire mowing assignment. This usually takes two days. I even grabbed some down time to enjoy a dip in the pool mid-way through the mowing.

Today is sunny and beginning to turn hot. I will be cooling my fast moving heels in Walmart. I need dog food and bleach ..... and other things. This will mean that HeWho loves to run errands will be here, on his own to deal with swimmers. I suppose I could have skipped that extra hour of sleep and gone on when I got up with the critters at 5:30. I would have been back in time for the pool crowd. Instead I turned that last hour into three hours and slept until 8:30.

I was hung over from too much sleep and had to linger over coffee while watching Seth Meyers on  Late Night. That woke me gently and then I had to check my list and make sure I had everything on it. I even put some make-up on and dressed in un-stained clothing. This would make me the elite Walmart shopper. No slippers and pj pants with a t-shirt and no foundation garments for me!

While I was doing all these things, HeWho discovered that the bolt on the new mower blade did not fit the mower. This is the second one he has ordered. We own 3 push mowers, but at any given time, only 2 will be working. We are down to one and I am loathe to share. When I need to mow, I need to mow. Anyhoo, he had to make a trip to town. Since I knew he would be going anyway, I handed the water sample for DNR (dept. of natural resources ...... not a medical term that would make you wonder) and I now await his return.

I could just leave. He already fueled my vehicle, but it will be better if I wait and give him instructions about what to do in my absence. He is needy like that. Of course, we could just text back and forth, we will do that anyway. He always wants to know when I am done and on my way.

And here he is! To burst my bubble ..... school started today and he will not be busy with swimmers.

"Are you still there??" "No hurry, take your time, just wanted to know how much longer you will be." Don't know why I put that in quotes, because that is not what shows up on my screen. He talks to his phone and I translate.

1 comment:

Val said...

I'm pretty sure HeWho dodged several bullets, what with school being back in session! I can't imagine all THAT much trouble from adults in the pool. But then again, I'm sure you have stories that can boggle my imagination!