Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Right In The Band of Totality!


My picture of the eclipse isn't so good. Looks like a vortex is trying to suck the earth in.


Tried again with similar results.


Guess I will stick to pictures on the surface of the earth. We had a beautiful day with mostly clear skies. Everywhere I looked heads were back looking up at the sun. Someone spread a white sheet on the ground under the apple tree. During the eclipse it was rumored that crescents would appear. I didn't see any.



This boy decided to elevate himself on a stump to watch.


I tried again as a cloud obscured the brightest part of the sun. Note the jet stream from a plane passing by. Wonder what it looked like up in a plane .....


As the sun was coming back into view the skies were smudged dark, almost like a storm was brewing.

I had heard about a dramatic change in temperature, but it only dropped 2 degrees. I was disappointed. It was hot and muggy here. My park is still full, though a few people left early. I would say we had a successful weekend ..... but I didn't read the reviews yet .....

I am ready for a long rest. The past four days have been 12 hour days. I have just one hour left, and I will be going to bed!

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Well, they had an eclipse, like it or not.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Eclipse???????????????
Oh yeah there was an eclipse, just not here down under

Val said...

Out in Oklahoma, The Pony said that he saw crescents during their partial (84% ?) eclipse. He sent a picture of the shadow of his hand on the sidewalk, saying that the crescents between the fingers of his spread hand were not well-represented by the photo. Cell phones can't do everything!

Linda O'Connell said...

Looks like you had a splendid event at the campground. Now you can rest. Maybe.