Monday, December 7, 2015

Chair and Cross Stitch


Christmas came early for me this year. Yes, it is quite comfy and I have already had a few naps while cradled in my new chair. My canine contingent is quite upset that this chair allows only one lap dog at a time and Cujo seems to be monopolizing the chair time.

Seems like not a day has gone by that has not found me with a paint brush in my hand. New chair deserved a proper wall to sit near, right? You know what happens when you paint one wall ...... the other walls get jealous. Then the trim looks bad and then the ceiling seems to cry out for a good painting. Then the room that adjoins the painted room looks neglected ........

Well, you get the picture. So, I have painted everything except the ceiling. That will be next. I am happy with the results, even if my shoulders are protesting. I have also cleaned out every drawer and cabinet. Sneezed a thousand times, and tossed lots of  useless items that He Who saves pocket lint has collected in his end table.

While cleaning all this I rediscovered cross stitch! Makes my arthritic thumb ache, but I love having something to do with my hands while watching TV.


Santa placemats are keeping me busy. And keeping me off the computer. I needed some time to gather my thoughts and grieve for my dad. Not that I will ever stop completely. I found a Christmas card from a few years back with his handwriting on it and was able to smile instead of dissolving in tears. Progress.

The kampground problems have been handled by He Who digs lately. Frost free hydrants allow us to provide water to sites during the winter months. We always ask the campers to be sure to turn the water off at the hydrant if a freeze is predicted and most do. This year we have had a record number of hydrant problems. And those things are not cheap. The digging is not easy, either.

But, I didn't have to dig, just paint and sit in my new chair and push a needle. No complaints here.

4 comments:

Sondra said...

Nothing like a comfy chair to end the day in...I've had my hands in paint lately too...be so glad when its all done.

Val said...

My mom loved cross stitch. She made holiday designs, then put them under the ring of a jar lid and gave those jars of candy as gifts.

joanne said...

Oh that chair! looks so inviting...jealous here. Glad things are getting slightly easier with your dad, it does seem to ebb and flow. I recently found a postcard from my dad from a vacay he took just before he passed suddenly. It was a tear-jerker and brought back all sorts of memories, all good, so a smile was on my heart. take care.

Linda O'Connell said...

Your new chair looks like you could sink in. I can only imagine the pooches fighting you for space. I too, am in the mood to paint, but then I'd have to purchase a new couch, and then...well you know it just keeps going.