It was Jada on my mind when I got the fabric. She has a unique sense of style and I can imagine that she will be putting the longer one atop lots of skirts ............... no matter the colors.
Sister dresses. All different, but the same. Easter? They could gather eggs in the little purses. Well, not too many eggs.
More sister dresses. Maya picked out this pattern. I was lucky that all their sizes were included in the same envelope. Given the price of patterns, they should be! They won't be able to wear these until it gets a lot warmer, but I like to see them when I give them to them. A lot more fun than just sending a package.
I made a lot more that will be going with me. Jada and Zara will have birthdays in May, but they can have an early gift event with me.
I am not thrilled with the purses. I had wanted to pleat them and make them more tailored. My problem was the glue. It was supposed to just peel off the fabric and the frame. It came off the frame, but the fabric was a different story. It looked like they had a milkshake spilled on them. And as if that wasn't bad enough, the middle part wanted to creep out of the channel in the frame. No matter how sticky I let the glue get, it still did not want to grab it and hold on. I only have three of the five done, but all I have to do is glue the last two and my new method is working.
The new method involves bamboo skewers and a hammer! I had to rethink the entire design and make a small casing at the top in which to insert the bamboo skewer cut to size with a serrated knife. The skewer gave the middle enough stability to stay in the channel and I used my little tack hammer to gently pound it in.
Everyone here in the park can attest to my change of mood when I got the first purse done! I was even called a grouch yesterday!