Thursday, January 6, 2011

Class A Wedding

I have spent the entire new year battling incessant indigestion. I figured that maybe the cream puff, chocolate eclair eating marathon may have been the culprit. They were mini, okay. They were left over from the party and the men were sharing the wii with Yvonne and I and there they were ......... needing to be eaten. Waste not, want not and all that. I have no idea just how many of those tiny delectable treats I popped into my mouth between turns, but, we won't be throwing any away. I really think I should be better by now, though. I am only eating things easy on the stomach and still having problems, though. I don't know that I will ever eat another cream puff again .........


Fortunately, he who scores higher than me in wii bowling is feeling fine. I say fortunately because we have a major water issue going on. I feel guilty sitting here (writhing in pain...sort of) while he is out in the cold encountering problem after problem. He had to rent a trencher to expose the offending pipe and discovered a concrete slab around the pipe several feet down. He had to go 7 feet down to find the leak. Three leaks. The sump pump died. Had to rent one. Then discovered that all the couplings, etc. he bought are the wrong size. Off to the hardware store he goes .......... again.



So, here I sit carefully sipping my coffee after a night filled with the most horrible indigestion I have ever had. I am bleary eyed from lack of sleep and am thankful we are not busy in the park. But, I hear the chime that alerts me when someone tries to enter the store. I am not open yet, but due to the cold morning I have pulled a set of velour pants and jacket over my pj's, so I open the house door to see what the person might want. It is a mother and daughter looking for a wedding location.



Wondering what made them stop here, I tell them I will meet them in the store and go round to let them in. I do have wonderful gardens in the spring all the way til the first freeze, but right now things are looking pretty bleak. The material that provides shade on the pavilion has been ripped away by the wind and is hanging in ragged pieces from the frame. But, they look like they are in for a low budget wedding and maybe all their guests are campers. They drove into the park, right past all the signs with our park name and logo on them. It is obvious that this is an RV park, since about 30 of them are sitting on sites. The mother of the duo wants to know if it is okay if they have a wedding here and also wants to know where the cave is. They think they are at Graham Cave State Park. They want really low budget. Like free. So I tell them they need to get back on the road and drive another mile and then they will see the sign (can't help myself) that will tell them where they are. My stomach is making audible noises and all I want to do is curl up in a fetal position and succumb to my misery. But, wait, they now want to know if I think they will be allowed to hold a ceremony there. Do I know if there is someone manning the office in the state park ............ I finally push them out the door.



Phone rang yesterday. I answered with my perky voice and the man says "Are you open?" I tell him that I am indeed open. No, he says, he wants to know if the campground is open. I tell him that we are open year round. He tells me that he is traveling south from Minnesota and will need a site. I tell him that I have full hook up sites available and he barks that he only needs electric to run his heater. He tells me he has a Class A and is carrying his own water, that he bought a Class A just so that he would have everything he needed except electricity. Feeling well informed, I am about to tell him that I also have plenty of electric sites when he demands to know what I charge. I tell him what the rate is and he goes ballistic and starts shouting at me about my rates. He says that I am over priced. I don't know why, but I felt the need to defend myself and told him that my rates were comparable to similar parks in my area and that in fact, I was the lowest. He then informed me that the state park was considerably lower and the he would be staying there. All he needs is a place to plug in. He will not need my hot showers! Why do I think he bought a Class A?????? BAM. He hung up. Before I could tell him where to park his Class A.



I have the 'CLOSED" sign in the store. The answering machine can handle calls. I am going back to bed.

17 comments:

Teresa said...

good for you. get some much needed rest so. i'd want to call the jerk back and tell him where to put his rig and how to get it there.

hope you feel better soon.

houndstooth said...

You were nicer than I'd have been to both of them! I'd say it's a good day to be closed! Hugs to you and hoping you feel better soon!

Brian Miller said...

oy now isnt he mr joy...i hope you feel better soon, not fun at all...

ellen abbott said...

I am continually astounded by the rudeness you put up with. There was no reason at all for him to berate you for your rates.

Sorry you are having such terrible indigestion. Next time, just pack up those little goodies and send them down to me.

Anonymous said...

What rude people! Hope you can get some rest and feel better soon. We had to replace 400 ft. of water line the week of Christmas. I feel your pain! Things have to improve for you soon. Take care.

SkippyMom said...

I understand the economy but C'MON!

I think your campground would be a lovely place to have a wedding. They simply didn't realize what you could offer - you can throw a party woman.

You could add party planner/wedding coordinator to your resume. I know you just don't have enough to do already. ::wink::

And the second guy was a jackwagon. Thank goodness he isn't showing up.

lovelyprism said...

Oh this made me chuckle. I gotta admit though, my favorite part was when you said "we won't be throwing any away" LOL. You go girl!

Rae said...

I feel sorry for you. Indigestion is so difficult to deal with. I hope you feel better soon. It is too bad that idiots have to scream and yell to make a senseless point. It is a shame you had to deal with the likes of that guy when you are already having problems.

squawmama said...

You know Kathy... He knows what he is and that is an uneducated,rude, sorry good for nothing of an excuse for a human being... Why do people have to be so rude???
Hope you get to feeling better... You know coffee gives me really bad indigestion...
{{{HUGS}}}
Donna

mamahasspoken said...

Don't you wish you were able to come up with something witty at that moment when he complained about your price and then say that something wittty outloud? I oh so would have....

Marla said...

Are you feeling any better? Have you been to the doctor? I know how that feels. Take care Miss Kathy.

Whitney Lee said...

I'm hoping you're feeling better. What jerks. I agree that it sounds like today was a good day to rest. I'll hope tomorrow brings much better experiences!

Jaime said...

aww...feel better soon.

Yaya' s Home said...

Oh, Kathy... I am sorry you are sick an' I'm also sorry there are Class 'A' people giving you a hard time. It's jus' too bad you weren't able to tell him where to put his Class 'A'. Ah, well; someone will help 'im figure it out.

Take care an' rest, but whilst you rest don't forget to study up for that whole party planner/wedding coordinator addition to your many hats. Ya' never know when you might be called on for it again.

~ Yaya

Stephanie said...

Maybe it wall all a hallucination brought on by all those cream puffs.

The last time I ate one was right before I came down with the flu at age 9. I definitely hallucinated and have never eaten another.

LOL

Robb said...

I really liked the rent a trencher to take care of the offending pipe bit.

It sounded vaguely dirty, and something I might suggest to my girlfriend, rent a trencher,if she ever claims a "head ache" when I need my offensive pipe taken care of.

You do put up with a lot of nonsense on my next vacation maybe I will visit just to annoy you!

When you get the 5 star hotel built let me know!

Sandi McBride said...

DON'T make me come up there~! Go to the doctor, go now! You could be having anything from a gall bladder attack to a heart problem but not being the doctor in my family, and Daddy being to far away to be of much use, I say again, YOU DO NOT WANT ME TO COME THERE!!! So, GET THEE TO A DOCTOR!!! You know, I think I have had to say this to you before and am thinking you paid me as little attention as you would the wind blowing.
I hope you pay attention this time
hugs
Sandi