Friday, October 8, 2010

Profoundly Irritated

I know, I know ................ just positive thoughts. I can't help it today. The phone has rung no less than 100 times. Maybe not that much, but I have cauliflower ear right now. Nobody can pull into the assigned site. They think just because one is empty, it is there for the taking; and, no, it doesn't help that you call me to tell me that you chose another site. And, when I tell you I have no more full hook-up sites, asking me if I can just maybe come up with one only makes me more irritated. Like I am saving one and won't let them have it. I make more money on the full hook-up, so I rent those first. Even if they are empty when you pull in, folks smart enough to reserve a site in advance will be here ................ eventually.


I was so sick yesterday with stomach pains. I stayed on the couch reading in the land of blog and watching endless re-runs of Law and Order. If I tried to eat I hurt, if I didn't eat I hurt. I was absolutely miserable, but had to keep running to the office when a traveler would come in. We were busier than normal, but I figured if I could just make it through the evening, then crawl to my bed I would be okay. I made the mistake of trying to eat a little chicken broth after I locked up. It did not sit well. I hear that I moaned a lot in my sleep, but I felt much better this morning. Unfortunately, it didn't last and I feel pretty crappy as I am waiting for all my reservations to arrive.


The traffic must be pretty bad, it is almost 7 and I still have 11 reservations to arrive. This means they will all come at once. In the meantime, those folks traveling without reservations will start to pull in and be shocked to find that I cannot give them a full hook-up site. And this brings me to my profound state of irritation. He who is ADD and has to be told what needs to be done has spent the past week fixing his tractor in order to move a pile of rock that he had delivered and dumped at the end of a row of sites in the non-full-hook-up area. Instead of moving rock when he fixed his tractor ................... he installed a radio in the golf cart. The golf cart that I rarely use. The golf cart that now has all manner of tools in every nook and cranny. The golf cart that was supposed to be mine. This created a bit of a problem, since WE ARE FULL! And I need each and every site.


She who does not feel well called he who was playing with the golf cart and gave him a not so gentle reminder to move the rock. Yes, I am profoundly irritated and see no relief in site.

9 comments:

ellen abbott said...

Well, I commiserate with you. It's irritating when they say they will do something and then don't do it. Hope you are feeling better soon.

joanne said...

it's got to get better right?? how do I get in touch with you...I am not seeing an e-mail..hmmmmm

Brian Miller said...

i feel the need to come to the defense of my fellow brother in manhood...but i will just say i been there...

SkippyMom said...

She who owns a golf cart should "gently" run over he who has not moved the rock. He might get a clue.

And look at the bright side - you can listen to tunes while you are doing it. heehee

I am so kidding - but men will be men. I empathize.

Nancy said...

It's so hard to do anything when your stomach hurts - let alone deal with adults that act like children - just one more, pleeeeeaaaassseee?

@ly said...

It's nice to hear your campground is so crowded at this time of year. Our season is just about over...even though we can still come to campground ....technically its closed for the season. How long does your season run?

Teresa said...

i totally understand. when ron was in much better shape than he curently is, we had some differences of opinion of what needed to be done and when... yep... been down that road.

hope you're feeling better now.

Pat said...

Being a full time RVer, it would NEVER occur to me to question the campground owner/worker if they told me they were full up and I still saw some empty sights. DUH! I would assume they were already reserved! Why would the owner not let me rent a sight if it was open?

It was very busy at the campground this weekend since it's a 3-day holiday weekend with Columbus Day on Monday. I assume it's the same by you.

Marla said...

Are we married to the same guy?