Thursday, February 21, 2019

Phase One Almost Done!


First five cabinets done! I did paint the insides, as well, but I am not going to let you look inside. That would be far too intimate. 

My shoulders are screaming this morning, but I have four more doors ready to receive hinges and be hung. I can' t find doors for one of the cabinets, so I decided to leave it open and frame it out. I will paint the back side with a fun color, not sure what color yet, but I am leaning towards orange.

I was gifted FORTY-FIVE gallons of paint! It was offered and of course I said yes. I didn't tell HeWho will be hauling it inside about it, so it came as a surprise this morning. He was all flustered, demanding to know where I wanted it. My pre-caffeinated brain was fuzzy and I told him to just put it in the store and I would prepare a place when I was fully awake. This did not satisfy him. He was all in tither, waving his arms and telling me it would take up too much floor space. "Just stack it and I will find space." One more look of incredulity and he was off to get his breakfast.

So, you see, my go-to orange may be replaced with another tantalizing color when I get through looking at all this paint. My shoulders are calming as the smelly Icy Hot is penetrating. Now I find that my hands and wrist are also hurting. I dropped my small iron skillet on my thumb side of my hand last night as I was preparing dinner and it is throbbing. More Icy Hot and I will be ready to go … I hope.

Just four more doors to hang. Now the lower cabinets look really shabby and I mean that in a bad way. The ceiling needs another coat before I start to dis-assemble the lowers. I have a lot of cabinets for such a small kitchen. 

The big problem when doing the lower ones, will be managing my canines. They will want to explore. I might have to get the portable fence in to keep them out of the kitchen. This will not prevent me from cooking. Take-out is limited in these parts. We could actually go out, but I am usually too tired after painting all day.

The good thing about tackling a project like this is weeding out stuff you no longer need. If I keep this up, the dumpster will be bulging! Coffee time is over and cabinets doors await!!

8 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Looking good! Now you have inspired me, nah, maybe when the weather warms. You are an amazing workaholic. All that paint, oh I can imagine all kinds of projects! have fun.

ellen abbott said...

looks really nice. I kinda like the drop down shelves.

Fit and Healthy Baby Boomers said...

Those look great!

Kathy G said...

I like it! It's amazing how one completed project leads to another...and another....

Joanne Noragon said...

It looks great and I am really impressed!

River said...

They look very smart, nice clean lines with the thin black handles. I remember that achy shoulders feeling from when I painted furniture years ago. I don't do that anymore, too risky with a cat that sheds a ton of hair daily.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Looks nice

Val said...

I deem this project a success! They look great.