Sunday, September 16, 2018

Just Another Day


I was in my store, working and minding my own business. Suddenly I was hearing loud booms outside. Sounded close, so I ventured outside and saw this cloud of black smoke rising from the rest stop just behind those trees.


I joined most of my campers in the field near the pond to see what was going on. A car carrier was on fire. The cab of the truck and the car atop the cab was fully engulfed and the flames were beginning to swallow the next two cars. The noise was the tires and airbags.


Firetrucks started to arrive.


They managed to save the five cars on the back of the truck and no one was injured, so it ended well. Just another day. 

3 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

My goodness your life is like reality TV. Thankful no one got injured, and it didn't happen in your campground. Buy that pink scroll saw yet?

ellen abbott said...

whoa! a little excitement for the day.

Val said...

I can't imagine how they saved the other cars. I sure wouldn't get that close to flames and exploding tires!