Sunday, November 12, 2017

No, Thank You

I  lack motivation. I eat, sleep and get up and do it over again. Yesterday I finally forced myself to go on a shopping trip for some lights and stuff to decorate for Christmas. It did make me feel better.

This is not to say that I have done absolutely nothing. I have been pulling up dead annuals and gathering seed. Painted fence boards until I no longer had paint. I have two 6' panels left and I picked up more paint yesterday. Too cold to paint today or I would have knocked out the last two panels.

Instead I took the refrigerator apart. I checked all the expiration dates and tossed any leftovers I could not recognize. I won't bore you with my dusting skills.

Inspiration hit me this morning. As usual it HeWho is my life mate. After a restless night, I dragged myself out of bed and was sitting here in relative peace, sipping coffee and situating dogs on my lap as I tried to come fully awake. Still in my night time attire, I was interrupted by the appearance of a camper ringing the bell.

No matter that I am not open for another 30 minutes and am not ready to face my nation. The canines in my lap see the door opening attempt on the monitor and begin barking to let me know of an intruder to my waking up ritual. My head is aching and I am annoyed, but I stumble into the nice dark cavern where HeWho is still abed, to grab some daytime attire.

Do I begrudge his ability to get a full 9 hour, uninterrupted sleep? Of course, I do. Do I wonder if just once in a great while he could take over the bladder needs of my dogs? Yes, but I don't even ask, since I would have to wake up to wake him up, defeating the whole purpose. Did I make enough noise to wake him on purpose? Yes, I did. It was time for him to get up anyway.

By the time I get to the door, the camper is gone and I can resume my coffee sipping in relative peace. I settle in again with one dog on the left and one on my lap and one on the arm of the chair. I am much adored by animals with four legs.

HeWho and his dog blunder around noisily and he announces his upcoming trip to McDonald's for his morning biscuit and fizzy beverage. As is his habit he asks if I want anything. Sometimes I do, most times I don't. I don't mind his asking, I do mind the follow-up asking. "Are you sure?" "Pancakes?" "Iced coffee?" "Anything?"

If I say 'no, thank you', that should suffice! I am not at my best early in the morning and if anyone should know this, HeWho has been with me for almost 43 years, should! So, this very morning I raised my considerable voice (just in case those hearing aids were off) and let him know beyond any doubt, that I was not interested in anything McDonalds has to offer. It is going to be a long day. 

3 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

I hear you! They mean well.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I so get what you mean, they may mean well but still...............

Val said...

Of course, HeWho was only doing it to HELP you! That's what I hear, mostly when I'm cleaning up some mess Hick made.