Sunday, November 19, 2017

Business Calls

Just to make my life more complicated, I downloaded an update on my cell phone. In my defense, I did ask HeWho initially programmed my phone if I should respond to that pop-up. "Might as well." So, I did.

Now, I am locked out. Why did I listen to him? I usually don't. I do everything on this phone. I have my audio books on this phone. I check my e-mail on this phone. To say I was annoyed is an understatement.

When we got the phones, HeWho procured them free from Sprint programmed both phones. I do remember that he asked me some questions, like what the name of my destination city of my first airline trip was. Did I find the question strange? Of course, but I did not find it strange that HeWho would ask some trivial nonsense. The problem with this is that I don't remember the numerical passcode. I was not really paying attention.

Now, had he taken the time to show me how to program my own phone, instead of shooting nonsense questions at me, I probably would have remembered. I never ask him to show me how to do anything. He is not a good teacher, he is impatient and will just grab the device out of my hands and do it. I end up figuring it out on my own in utter frustration.

When I complained that I was locked out of my phone because of the update, he seemed to think I should fix it on my own. I did try. I answered all the security questions and then came to an abrupt halt when I was required to supply a numerical passcode. He was not concerned that I could not get to the book I was listening to. He did not care that I was inconvenienced as far as e-mail went, I do have my laptop. But ...... he did get unwound when I reminded him that the business line was forwarded to the locked phone!

The office phone is a cheap desk top corded phone. This would require me to spend the day near the phone. We don't heat the office. This is not a bad thing, I will sometimes find sanctuary in there when he gets the woodstove so stuffed that it is downright tropical in our living area. To remedy the phone situation, I offered two solutions. He could un-forward the phone, then I would have to jump up every time it rang .... or I preferred that he forward the line to HIS cell and then HE could answer all the calls.

He has been relentless in trying to un-lock my phone! Faced with having to deal with all the calls did not seem to be appealing to HeWho likes to be a free spirit. Though, I am locked out until we take the phone to the Sprint store, my phone will receive calls ..... I just can't make any calls. Or listen to the ending of the book I was reading.

Funny how the very thought of having to answer the phone for the business sent him into immediate action!

4 comments:

Eddie Bluelights said...

Yes, funny that that action galvanised him into action. Hope it is fixed soon. Very fristrating for you. I am always forgetting passwords and things like that . . :)

Linda O'Connell said...

The phone sales person told us our phones can not handle latest updates, too old. I understand your frustration.

Kathy G said...

I giggled over the image of HeWho springing into action rather than be in charge of answering the phone :-)

Val said...

Ooh! That is horrible! Now I'm worried about updating my phone. I usually do, just to get rid of that annoying notification. Maybe I won't the next time.