Sunday, September 17, 2017

I Love My Dogs


It is a rare occasion to get a good picture of my Cujo. If he sees me try to take his picture, he immediately runs to me. I took this one through the screen door. He is such a handsome guy!


More shots through the screen. It is hard to see, but his face is turning gray. He is only 7, at the most 8 years old. My Oscar did not turn gray until he was in his teen years.


I played with the color and exposure on this one. Yes, he is a tad overweight ..... me, too. I think he had to fight for his food in his younger life, that life before he chose me to be his forever mom. He tends to want to snatch treats that are offered. Still, after 6 years of living in complete indulgence. Never mind, I love him, no matter what he does. He knows this. He is pretending to not be aware of me behind the screen door.


Then there is Eddie. He seems to be feeling left out. He loves the camera and will pose. This little guy has never known anything but love. He is so sure of himself. He thinks everybody loves him and he is petty much right about that!

It took Cujo awhile to accept the fact that Eddie would be staying here forever. They are the best of buddies now. Eddie has taken to chewing gently on Cujo's ear as he readies himself for sleep. He puts Cujo's entire ear in his mouth, then lets it fall out when he goes to sleep. Cujo will then snuggle next to me with a big, wet with slobber ear.

I love my dogs. Really, I do.

6 comments:

RunNRose said...

I totally understand. We have two Yorkies who have us scheduled from the time we get up until they go to bed. When we think nobody cares, they remind us that THEY do!! I am glad you and your guys have each other.

Linda O'Connell said...

Oh my goodness, Kathy, you should write a children's story about Eddie's pacifier being Cujo's ear. That is so cute.

Joanne Noragon said...

Dogs are pretty special.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

What awesome looking dogs

Val said...

Cujo is looking noble in that second picture. Just like the kind of dog who would donate his ear for chewing every night. Eddie is a lucky dog!

UplayOnline said...

I am glad you and your guys have each other.


หีฟิต