Friday, January 9, 2015

Relatives, Lunch, and Duct Tape


Father and son. He Who texts and He Who, Jr. Is it me, or has anyone else noticed that everyone sits around with their phones in hand? No conversations, just texts .........

We hit the road shortly after this texting lesson (son teaching father, while granddaughter was doing something to my phone). We picked up the granddaughter-in-law and great granddaughter and went out for lunch. We all agreed on Appleby's, the menu being kid friendly, with cheese burgers for Jada.

Jada had proclaimed that she was not keen on dealing with a five year old (spoken like a girl with a little sister), but she was soon under the spell of Jailynn. Both girls are out spoken, just like their Aunt Adrienne, causing me to call both of them Jadrienne. They held hands to cross the parking lot and then became inseparable. Jailynn took her cue from Jada and they sat together, leaving the adults to entertain each other.

Jeff, son of He Who later used his plumbing skills to fix a drip, had his Minnesota Vikings jersey on. In a Georgia establishment. None of my off-spring are shy (imagine that?) and he asked them to put the Vikings game on the TV closest to us. Lost his attention then, but cousin Doris soon joined our group. We lingered a little and chatted like only family reunited can.

As we were leaving I happened to look at the booths across from our table. They were occupied when we arrived. They could not have been the first choice for seating, as you can see ........



I must say I find the duct tape solution to be ingenious. But ........ with all the colors available, I wonder why they chose this nearly neon green? I wonder how long these seats have been in dis-repair and if the management is aware.

2 comments:

Val said...

Yes, I've noticed that phone thing. I do, after all, work in a high school. Those kids sit right across from each other, texting away to beat the band. Not that it makes the cafeteria any quieter, of course.

Linda O'Connell said...

Your family outing sounds fun. I love duct tape but those booths need more than a patch.