Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Even Gnats Seek Warmth


I do, of course, realize that I am not the only one experiencing the blast of artic weather. It seems to be cold everywhere. But, this blog is, after all, about me and my view of the world from here.

Not much to write about lately. I have not been around many folks. None of the people who love me want to share space with me ....... what with me being all shingly. So, my view is limited lately. He Who is no longer employed as a beacon of light to stranded motorists has been around a lot more. He has not had time to be bored as he has had the well and pump situation to deal with.

The water pressure is still not good. He researched all the "symptoms" on-line and it pointed to our well going dry. He left and went to some farm store to talk it out with some guy who "knows about wells" and they decided it was some kind of valve. He even explained the thing to me, but I just sat there wishing I had more Vicodin and nodding from time to time. I have no idea what he told me. But, we do have water and he fixed the shower head today so that I can enjoy a hot shower under a forceful torrent of water. Like I said, it is cold!

The woodstove has been going non-stop, and is keeping the icy drafts at bay. I can tell a huge difference in the temperature when I leave the room. On a trip to the bathroom, I shivered as I sat upon my high seated ADA approved toilet and noticed some little plastic parts lined along the edge of the tub ......

I find it disturbing when I see extra parts after He Who plumbs has repaired something. Gives me pause. That is when I saw the gnat. Yes, one of those big gnats. Inside my bathroom. I guess it was trying to stay warm, but I didn't want him in my house. I was slapping my hands together madly trying to kill it when I happened to see the Martha, the boy cat watching me. He was looking at me with a smirk on his face as I struggled to kill the gnat and get my pants up at the same time. Just sat there in the hall smirking at me, like I was insane. Sometimes he is just creepy.

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I'm glad He Who is Whome. Keep warm.

Kathy G said...

I bet Martha was irritated that you were messing with his extra protein.

Val said...

Whew! I was afraid those plastic parts lined up along the tub were going to be tiny ice drops.

Linda O'Connell said...

So hubby is underfoot now? I found one of those gnats, too. I whacked it a good one and the cat has been searching high for it for days. Must have thought it his personal chase toy. Hot showers, nothing better. I get the nod a few times and tune him out part.