Monday, December 10, 2012

Silver Linings and Sleep-Overs


Still no pictures. I will be addressing this problem very soon. I will hand this computer to my son with instructions to "fix it". I might even let him share the process with me. Maybe. I may be too busy with some little girls I am dying to see.

I am staying two nights with my youngest and two nights with my oldest. I will be chauffeured to and fro. My son lives close to his younger sister, so I will get plenty of girl time, but Gavin is pleased to host the sleep-over at his house, then I will be at Layla's house for the remainder of my "sleep-over".

My bag packing is coming along and I have taken all the clothes out of my closet, cleaned it and put everything back. I found things I had forgotten I even had! Lots of dust, too. I confess that I am not the best housekeeper.

I reason that if the kitchen and bathrooms are clean, the rest can wait. That and I am a little neurotic about bed sheets and dog baths. But that is a story for another day.

I called my hair dresser for a cut and she was booked solid. Go figure, it is December and I didn't care that my hair was a little, um, unkempt, no, that's not the word. It lacks shape. One side has grown longer than the other. It just needs a good trim and some layers added. So, I positioned myself so the hair would fall into the toilet and cut it myself. It has layers now. I got all the split ends off and Kris can fix it when I get back. She is used to my home cuts. I see her at least 3 times a year!!

Today was a baking day. Five batches of cookies. The oven kept me warm, but the arthritis in my hands was not too happy about rolling cookie dough into balls. Then, I decided to make meatballs for supper. My right thumb joint is very unhappy about this. Spaghetti and meatballs for supper. No spaghetti in the pantry. Macaroni and meatballs doesn't sound right, but there is macaroni in the pantry and I refuse to go out in the cold for pasta of a different shape.

I finally discovered what was making me feel so bad. I was out of Zyrtec. Probably for 3 weeks, the best I can figure. I usually keep the empty bottle of pills in my basket until I replace it. I count out a two week supply for both of us at a time and make a list as I go. I was being super efficient and tossed the empty bottle after adding it to my list. I buy the generic and I buy this particular one at Family Pharmacy in town. I can get 365 pills for $30. We both take it, so I only buy it twice a year. I replaced all the prescription and other over the counter stuff at WalMart and promptly tossed the list. So, without that empty bottle to remind me, I totally forgot about the Zyrtec.

I am allergic to dust mites and mold. Like little girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice, I think this building is made of mites and mold and everything old. If I ever wondered about the Zyrtec, I now know that it is the drug of choice for my allergies. The silver lining to my cloud.

3 comments:

Val said...

Macaroni and meatballs sounds fine to me. Of course, I am not a pasta aficionado, and would not partake, but I would totally make it for my boys. Only one of whom would eat the meatballs.

My knees send their regards to your right thumb joint. It has been an achy weekend around here.

Linda O'Connell said...

Have fun with your babies. I take an off brand of Z and can tell when I miss it. If it't not an allergy it's arthtitis!

Mike said...

I want some cookies!