Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fog and Foggy People

I pulled myself from sleep and got the dough rising, took the dogs out, threw two loads of laundry in the machines, and went to clean restrooms .......... all this with no coffee. The fog hung heavy. I could feel the sun trying to burn through, so I took a little walk around to enjoy the solitude. Frank, the pug had the same idea and was out for a walk with his person.........

See how very big the gravel parking lot is?

So, why do you suppose I see this big rig towing a car parked on the grass?


Yes, on the grass. The grass we mow and tend. The grass that it just rained on. The grass that will now have tracks on it.
I awaken he who is brave and he goes forth to check this rig out. While he is on his mission I check the night drop box. No registration for this rig and no one is in it. Time to cook the cinnamon rolls and I am watching and pondering. We can account for all the after hour registrations except this abandoned one. I drink my coffee and grab a quick shower and put myself together (sort of). The breakfast crowd begins to arrive and they all want to know what this rig is doing in a no parking zone.
While we all speculate ( I think the person(s) are sleeping in one of the other rigs that did register) he who is miffed about the grass calls upon Dave, the state trouper. While the cops are here checking it out a lively discussion is in progress as we all watch out the window and drink coffee. Someone thinks that the owner is at the state park because they are towing a car and couldn't fit, so they left it here. Another thinks it could be stolen and abandoned, while Crazy Tom is sure there is a body on board that will be discovered any minute.
He who is shadowing the state patrol comes in to inquire about the name on a registration. And the plot thickens .............. the licence and the VIN # don't match! We have one late arrival here who has not been questioned and they want to see if the vehicle is registered to him. We are still all watching as a blond woman and two little dogs get in the motor home and move it off the grass. She is now parked in the exit drive................ no, wait...............she is moving............she is on the road.............and she is stopped. Waiting, I suppose for her fellow traveler. I was right, she was in the other rig in our park. The other late arrival who did not fill out the registration properly, putting only his name and $25 in the drop box, then pulling into a full hook-up site that goes for $28 is coming around the corner..........
He who rides in my golf cart is also waiting for the fellow traveler who stops and tells my hard working husband that this is the nastiest park they have ever been in. He who is normally very mellow and forgiving of minor infractions tells the man that he owes us $3. The man throws the money out the window and leaves............. violating she who blogs speed limit! Of course there are no law upholders around. I find out that before the blond and her two dogs come up to move off my grass that she let the dogs do their morning business and was walking away when he who mows asked her if she was perhaps forgetting to pick up the dog leavings. "Oh, that is for maintenance to pick up." 'Your dog, your poop' is our motto here at the kampground. In fact I have never been in a campground that allows you to leave your dog poop where it falls. Perhaps I am not as well traveled as she must be. I don't assume it is okay to park where ever I choose and to pay what ever I want to, either..................
The sun burned the fog away and all the excitement left. I sold most of the baked goods and checked in some swimmers, but mostly, I am just waiting for bed-time. I guess I am a little foggy myself...........




15 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

I hate that people think that others should pick up their dog's crap. And I think it is awful that they parked there without paying. I would be mean enough, I would have let the air out one of their tires.

Jenna said...

You HAVE to write a book. You just have to!! I love your stories!! :)

ellen abbott said...

You didn't ask him for the other $25 for the rig on the grass?

houndstooth said...

Good grief! What a pair of morons! You're nicer than me, I'd have posted their license plate numbers and names so that word of their misdeed might follow them!

SkippyMom said...

Everything aside - the comment "That is for maintenance to pick up" would have gotten back "No. But even if it was YOU DIDN'T PAY FOR MAINTENANCE so PICK UP YOUR OWN SH*T"

Sorry - this just heats me up - the freaking nerve of this woman and the man who underpaid.

Can you deputize me? I will be down there with my cane [and an ice pick to flatten tires] in a minute.

Hugs to you - take care.

[Don't kid yourself - I would come for the company and the cinnamon rolls too :) hee]

Lorenza said...

I was thinking the same as Jenna.
You should write a book with all your experiences there!
My mom sure would say some HBO words to them!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Teresa said...

i'm with skippy - i'd have come back with a firey retort or two... or three... rude people are not high on my list of people i like to deal with.

i'd come just for the cinnamon rolls, too.

luksky said...

Some people.... (eyeroll)

Sandra said...

You run a campground...ok. You must have the best blog fodder in the world! This post was terrific...and can you make me some cinnamon buns?
Your life (minus buddy parked on the grass!) sounds so full and wonderful!

The Good Cook said...

How rude! Where did the state trooper go? They should have at the very least been fined for the registration fault. You have the patience of Job - I would have really flown off the handle at these morons.

Brian Miller said...

ha. i agree on the book of kampgroud kapers...somepoeple just make me shake my head...

Pat said...

The more I read your blog, the more I think that Jim and I are the best behaved campers! LOL! I CAN NOT believe that woman just parked her rig ON THE GRASS NO LESS, and DIDN'T PAY, and to add insult to injury, DIDN'T PICK UP HER DOG CRAP!!

It's TOO BAD you didn't have the police haul the vehicle away before she had a chance to drive off! That would have taught her a thing or two!

Karen said...

Uff-da! Some people! We live along a bike path and get our share of poo as well. Too bad you didn't get a chance to toss it in the vehicle as the $3 was coming out. :)

Jaime said...

how do you put up with some of these people? you must have the patience of a saint.

Nancy said...

We pick up after our dog NO MATTER WHERE SHE GOES! What a jerk. I agree with Ellen - they parked two rigs...