Monday, August 16, 2021

All My Fault

Just when you think you have heard it all.

The day started great. Mild temperatures, the pain in my jaw subsided from my tendency to clench said jaw while sleeping. Insomnia does have some benefits! I readied myself for mowing and informed HeWho is the master of the house to not release the hounds until I had the mower in the yard and the gate was closed again. Last time I was getting the mower through the gate, he opened the door and let them all out. They were crying and begging to go out, but since there is a window in the door, I assumed he might look out into the yard BEFORE opening the door. You know what that saying is about assumptions ...

The operation of dodging all the obstacles in my path to the gate went smoothly and I let my companions with four legs out to assist me in mowing the yard. I mowed half the yard, then the mower started slowing down and then revving up. This has been going on for some time now and I have been quite vocal about it. I like to mow my own yard, I just do not want to take care of the maintenance of the machine. I fill the tank with gas when there is no one close by to do it for me. I don't even fill my car with gas unless I absolutely have to. Should have been written in our vows!

I went inside and ask him if he had heard what the mower was doing. "Huh?" I am also not fond of repeating myself. The mower had slowed down so much that I didn't think the blade was rotating fast enough to cut. "Something is wrong with the mower," said the wife of HeWho can't hear until it is repeated.

"I don't know what your problem is, it always starts fine for me." he grumbled as he pushed the remote that would eject him from his chair. I did not say it wouldn't start. I followed him out and thought of grabbing an axe just in case the mower ran fine for him. I wanted to be prepared to smash it to pieces. It started and then continued to misbehave for the benefit for HeWho insisted there was nothing wrong. 

Not one to sit idly by while repairs are done, I headed back to the front of the store after hanging out laundry to continue painting trim. I painted until my muscles were telling me to stop. Watered all my containers and came inside to see about food for the evening.

Throughout all this, I answered calls and checked in reservations. Upon entry to my building I ask everyone not wearing a mask the status of their vaccination. Habit. Most people comply without comment. The unvaccinated are prone to trying to teach me the ways of the world.

I have heard all the conspiracy theories. I have heard all the excuses offered about how experimental the vaccine is. They are all experimental, just like every new drug on the market with ads prompting you to ask your doctor if the new drug is right for you. I really don't want to hear from all these people and am quickly losing patience with it. But today, the man standing before me sharing his "information" is the winner!

According to this man, all of the vaccinated people are the problem. Seems he thinks that by getting vaccinated, we have caused the mutation of the virus. I suppose I could have been a bit more diplomatic and not said that was the stupidest thing I have ever heard. He informed me that "the nurse" told him this theory.  I should have just simply shut my mouth and checked the man in. I was tired and my tolerance for stupidity was running low. I tried to explain that had we all gotten the vaccine, perhaps we would have herd immunity by now. I did control myself from suggesting that he had misinterpreted the information "the nurse" had relayed to him.

I checked him in and gave his directions to his site and went on with my dinner preparations. I heard someone come in and asked HeWho was holding his chair to the floor to handle it. It was the man telling HeWho that we have an awful park and he could not stay here. My fault, all my fault. The loss of revenue, not the mutation of the virus.

 

8 comments:

River said...

Think instead how much easier life will be without that man in your park.

ellen abbott said...

at this point the first word out of their mouth and my hand would be up telling them to stop, not interested in your conspiracy theory or meme you saw on FB, if you aren't vaccinated, you must wear a mask. and I don't think losing one camper is going to break you.

Donna. W said...

That's why I would never last in a job where I had to deal with all sorts of people. Hang on until retirement!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

You must have a lot of patience to deal with such idiots

Joanne Noragon said...

What a jerk. If he ever comes by again, tell him I said so.

Amanda said...

Maybe he decided your campground was awful because the other campers didn't want to hear his guff any more than you did. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Linda O'Connell said...

I wonder if his camp neighbor also felt as you do and expressed as much, thus leading him to believe you are all conspiring against HIM. Good riddance. Hope you told him to get on down the road.

Jim Davis said...

You simply can't fix stupid. Good riddance.