Friday, August 24, 2018

Always The Phone

I seem to be having technical difficulties. Sometimes I can log on just fine, then, when I really want to log on ….. I can't. It is definitely on my end. Not my laptop, but my provider. Sprint needs to visit the tower again. 

You would think that the injured finger would be slowing down HeWho manages to get into trouble. Despite my warnings about mowing and jostling the broken finger, he still mowed the entire park yesterday. The new billboard was awaiting installation and thanks to Kevin and Craig climbing the ladders and putting it up. HeWho was so salivating to get up there and help, but was ordered to stay down.

I would post a picture, but it might take 30 minutes to download and I am a busy woman! Labor Day is just around the corner and there is much to be done. I mowed all day yesterday. Gathered peaches and trimmed the tree back Monday, then devoted all my time and energy to the garden next to the exit drive on Tuesday.

The exit drive garden is a bone of contention. We have a huge area to make wide turns, but people will turn sharp and make the driveway with their vehicle …….. but pull their camper over the boulders (put there to protect the garden) and through the garden. I thought about putting a sign up, imploring drivers to swing out and make a wide turn. Given the fact that most of my signs are ignored, instead I dug up and moved the boulders and added nearly 6 feet to the driveway. I imagine there will still be tire tracks in my garden, but maybe not so many.

I dug up all my bulbs that had been scraped away and buried under a boulder when someone managed to drag it along with them. I used a hand truck to move the really heavy ones and some I just rolled end over end until I got them in place. All the weeds have been removed and the bulbs reset, but my little garden cries out for color. Mums might be coming in the very near future.

After moving all the rocks and digging my shoulders and neck are still hurting! But it does look good out there.

Things seem to have slowed down enough to catch a breath. The cool weather and school have been keeping swimmers away and I have more time to get things done …… except for the phone. When you turn 65, all manner of health care providers begin stalking you. Along with those people longing to help me with my student loans. I have tried blocking the calls, but they just use a different number. Waiting for the prompt to tell you which number to push to be eliminated from the call list doesn't help either.

Don't they realize I get enough calls without them! A man called this morning to "check on" his reservation for Labor Day. The reservation was made last night and it was still right there where I penciled it in!

5 comments:

Val said...

Glad to hear that HeWho's finger isn't an achilles heel!

My favorite gambling aunt was having trouble with her phone reception. Her grown daughter told her it was time to get a new phone. She did, and still had problems, and made the store rep come for a house call. He said, "Ma'am, you just don't have any reception. I can't fix that. You'll have to call AT&T." She lives about a half mile from my mom's old house, and we could never get reception there either, with Sprint. I guess her problem is living in a black hole where no one can hear you now.

ellen abbott said...

cooler weather...what's that?

RunNRose said...

You remind me of Ellen. She, too, gets out and spend hours in the yard expending tons of energy.
No doubt, my lack of interest in doing that is caused by age! You two are just youngsters!!
I do enjoy reading about your adventures.

Joanne Noragon said...

Moving boulders by hand and with a hand truck ranks right in there with restoring a broken leg. And, congrats on achieving the big six five. Keep on steaming ahead.

Linda O'Connell said...

Digging up boulders? I've wondered where you have been. Take it easy.