Sunday, December 3, 2017

Signs


The sign finally went up not so long ago. I wanted to add more, but I was anxious to get the sign up to identify the business. HeWho procrastinates seemed to think the business is self explanatory. Even with the sign, we are often mistaken for the state park that is a mile further down the road. I like the raised letters.


The old sign was one-sided, facing the traffic as it arrives. I suppose it was because the road is a dead end into the state park. I thought the sign should be two-sided, so I lettered and painted it. Today I added my frog, dragging his camper in. Yes, I know he is bigger than his camper. And he is a little creepy looking. But, he does draw attention. Never claimed to be an artist, did I?


I added some frogs to the front of the sign. They are supposed to depict a game of leap-frog. HeWho seemed to think they looked a bit too frisky, and not in a good wholesome way. Not my intention. Given the current news stories, maybe it was sub-conscious?


This Christmas tree is a live one. It should grow as the years go by and hold lots of lights and garland. I am hoping I won't be here to watch it grow .... 


6 comments:

Val said...

I love the frog pulling the camper! However...I fear that I must agree with HeWho that the "leapfrogger" has a certain gleam in his eye.

Joanne Noragon said...

I like both sides of the sign.

Kathy G said...

I had the same thought about the frisky frogs as HeWho.

Linda O'Connell said...

Hey Kathy, that frog looks like he would sure like to jump the other. LOL Cute signs, actually.

ellen abbott said...

it does look as if that one frog is about to grab the other frog.

Nanny Anny said...

Miss reading your posts. Hope all is well and that you had a happy Christmas. All the best for the new year. Cheers, Nanny Anny in Canada.