Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Share A Coke


He Who is a lover of novelties and broken motors to tinker with, found this on one of his many trips to obtain parts and Diet Coke. Hey, at least he was thinking of me!

So, I warned that I would be back to my old griping self and here I am. The weather leaves me with absolutely nothing to complain about. People, on the other hand .......

So, the folks with the fifth wheel that plowed down my garden and moved a boulder finally left today. They paid for a week and then waited two days and came up to pay for the extra days. The woman did. English is not her first language and I was as patient as I could be while explaining to her that she was speeding and traveling the wrong way on a one-way road while I made the transaction. She must have understood because she did not speed again, nor did she go the wrong way. They were strange, these folks. People usually give me too much information and I know why they are here, where they are going and what they did before they got here.  Not them. They ended up staying two weeks and we watched as they pulled out. They did indeed bend the axle on their fifth wheel. Had they asked we would have directed them to a place to fix it. Oh well.

I was going about my business when I noticed a couple on foot, with a dog (pit bull mix) in tow walk into the park. I had misgivings as I asked if I could be of assistance. The dog was friendly and we all know how I feel about canine creatures. They are on their way to Michigan and have run out of money. They need a tent site for two days until his SSI benefits are deposited into his account. They have no money.

I saw He Who mows pulling in and decided to push this one off on him. Let him be the bad guy and say no. What kind of fool am I? He stopped to pet the dog .......... and of course they are staying.
They promised not to run out on us and that would stop in Friday morning and pay as promised. I hope so.

He Who is a sucker for a dog and I went for a golf cart ride to discuss the things I wanted him to do and ended up at the new tenants site. Not only do they have the pit bull, they also have a dachshund! I had to stop and pet him, since he looks just like my Oscar. Well, not nearly as handsome, but the same colors. Poor old guy (he is 12) has a rash on his tail. It was red and angry looking. I would have referred them to my vet, but ...... they have no money. I off loaded my passenger (He Who was riding with me) and went inside to forage through my pet remedies. Yes, I am a sucker. I took them some cortisone shampoo and some lotion the vet had prescribed for an itchy rash Toni Louise had once.

If they rip me off, it won't be the first time and I will sleep well knowing that the dog will be feeling better.

5 comments:

joanne said...

it's the dogs...they pull those heart strings every single time. You mushy girl you.

Brian Miller said...

we have found my name...but have yet to find a Tara, Logan or Cole...so they get no coke...

oy good luck on getting your money....

Vicky said...

You big softie :)

Val said...

Good thing they had dogs! Reminds me of the time we had rental property, and a couple who hadn't paid for three months. We gave them a huge stack of baby clothes for their third child.

Linda O'Connell said...

Your softening, and that is not a bad thing where pooches are concerned.