Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Time To Mow The Dandelions


Field of dreams ....... I call it field of dandelions!


Time to mow the dandelions. Too wet and looks like it will rain most of the week. I guess we can see just how tall the grass will get.


Last week I cleaned out the beds around the pool fence. I had help from my friend, Andrea. I had already started and had decided the easiest way would be just to dig it all up and then replant. I found it easier to get all the tiny little shoots of grass and, of course, the dandelions out. There were vine roots to deal with and some small trees to remove.


All neat and ready for a pool scrubbing and filling. Even though it is cold enough today to have a fire going. This is 120 feet of digging and replanting. If you are wondering why I don't mulch it ..... I don't want the wind and rain to wash that mulch into the pool. Once a year I have to weed, but I would be skimming debris every day!

Took the day off today. The rain and the chilly temps make a fine day for watching Law and Order. Law and Order is great for napping. The original Law and Order. I have seen every episode, so if I doze off for 10 minutes, I still know what is happening when I wake. I am all rested and ready to tackle another project tomorrow.

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. law and order was def good for napping...smiles....and i mowed for the first time of the season last weekend...well i guess i have twice now...oh my...its just the beginning...ha

luksky said...

I use old episodes of "Frazier" to nap to.

Joanne Noragon said...

Dandelions--the first to arrive, the last to leave.

Kathy G said...

We were keeping up with the grass before this rainy week...