Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vanilla Tootsie Rolls

Did you know that tootsie rolls came in vanilla?? I knew that the little ones did; you know like for Halloween. I am not a chocolate fan, but I do like these. Love of my life knows this. I was asleep when he came home last night and didn't find my "present" until awhile ago. We have both been working non-stop and only see each other when we eat our one meal together. We sit down for at least 30 minutes together and eat and usually watch TV. Today we watched American Idol. Then he went to work and I went back outside..........

I have been edging all my garden beds and moving some big rocks to build new garden beds. He who mows told me to wait until he could help me move the really big rocks ..............

As soon as his truck was out of site I grabbed the hand truck and moved my rocks. He who mows is also he who plumbs and he who readies the pool. This makes him he who has enough on his plate. And I have discovered that I can move just about anything on wheels!


This garden is all edged neatly and will now be easier to mow. Problem now is that I can see the weeds growing in the gravel parking lot in this picture. Short pause to add Round-Up to my growing list of items needed........ add ant killer, too.


Gavin's garden is looking good. I still have new tulips every day! Oh, no, I see a dandelion!!

The ground is dry and thirsty. It is supposed to rain tomorrow. Look, triplets!



This one is about spent. I planted an assortment of colors and wasn't sure what I was going to get. I like the orange.


And the yellow. Must be why I love marigolds. I have planted a gallon zip-lock bag full of seed throughout the park along with sunflowers and of course, gourds.

Apple tree blossoms. I have three trees and the aroma is heavenly. If you walk close to the trees you can hear the humming of the bees as they are doing some crazy pollination!


This one is a golden delicious and my favorite. The wind picked up awhile ago and it rained very briefly. Not enough to really get anything wet. Just enough to send me in and make me reconsider painting fence tonight after the treeline shades the pool area.
Yesterday as I painted frantically racing the end of the day I noticed that the wind had blown some of those apple blossoms towards the fence and they were stuck to the wet paint. Last thing I did last night was pull them off. I am happy to report that I have reached a halfway point. I am painting all the parts of the fence that are hard to paint, such as the posts and will then give the roller another try on the chain link. I has measured the fence by counting what I thought were 8' sections. That means I have to paint 240' inside and out. Well, today I discovered that those sections are 10' and I am painting 300'. I do not know why, but I find that depressing!!
Today is the deadline for taxes and the second anniversary of my sweet collie, Sarge's death. I always miss him when I am working outside. I almost expect to find him at my side as I dig and drag rocks. He was the most wonderful companion. He loved sweets and would appreciate sharing with me..........










10 comments:

Brian Miller said...

sorry about your companion...those are some big rocks fo you to be moving...pretty flowers though and good job on the beds...looks nice...enjoy your tootsie roll!

Teresa said...

beautiful pictures! i love vanilla tootsie rolls, too. yum yum yum!

you're doing a wonderful job on your garden.

mamahasspoken said...

I love this time of year too! Though I need to get motivated and do some more work in the yard especially weeding. Oh well some day soon......
Love all the work that you have done at your place!

Jaime said...

never heard of vanilla tootsie rolls, but they sound good!

ellen abbott said...

Lots of work getting it all ready. I'm still putzing around outside. Have to start the excavation to sink the new turtle pond.

It all looks great.

houndstooth said...

Funny how our hearts are tied to certain memories!

You sure have been busy!

I love all flavors of Tootsie Rolls!

Kathy G said...

Those are some BIG rocks. Did they come from somewhere else on your property?

Pat said...

Funny I had a craving for tootsie rolls the other day, too. Course hubby and me went through the bag pretty quick! I only like the chocolate flavor.

I can't believe you can pick up that big rock. What are you - Wonder Woman?

Your gardens are looking really good. I love the smell of apple blossoms.

Whitney Lee said...

vanilla? I had no idea...

I miss being outside working in the yard. I'm hoping I can get back out there soon. I just don't get the same feeling of accomplishment from playing in the driveway with sidewalk chalk.

The flowers are gorgeous. I love how colorful it is! Do you have a problem with deer at all?

lovelyprism said...

I'm coming to live with you, everything gets fixed at YOUR house! It looks lovely. :-)